The nights are getting cooler and cozy winter hats are now a regular part of your wardrobe. You’ve switched from iced tea to hot cocoa and evenings are all about cozying up by the fire with a thick blanket and a good book. Now is the time to relax because you know what’s coming...the much anticipated joy and chaos of the holidays!
For many people, that means travel is on the horizon, and probably a little more than the usual amount of shopping. Under normal circumstances, protecting our health might not be at the top of our list of concerns. But, travel and shopping and family gatherings put us all in closer proximity to people, which in the midst of a pandemic, naturally can make us a bit uneasy.
The truth is that Covid-19 is most likely here to stay, and busy holidays that also coincide with flu season mean that playing defense is more of a priority than it’s ever been. We have to do our absolute best to keep ourselves and our families safe this season.
5 Tips to Stay Healthy While Traveling this Holiday Season:
1) Wash your hands regularly
Get (and stay) in the habit of washing your hands regularly. Remember early in the pandemic when everyone was telling us not to touch our faces? The holidays are a good time to keep that in mind. Holiday shopping sprees, air travel, and seasonal gatherings and events are all opportunities for germs to spread. Keep germs at bay by practicing frequent and thorough hand-washing.
2) Give your immune system a boost
If you’re not already, this is the time to start supporting your immune system with healthy, immunity-boosting vitamins and minerals. The Fluent Immunity Power Pack can get you started with powerful immune support in its most absorbable form. Our 10-day pack will help get your body and your immune system ready for the holidays with nature’s most powerful immunity essentials:
- B-Complex+: A unique B-Vitamin blend in a base of organic greens which helps enhance energy production, repair tissue, and support metabolism to keep you going strong all day.
- L-Lysine: An essential amino acid, L-Lysine helps maintain collagen, elastin, proper cardiovascular function, and a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin C: An essential nutrient we all know — for good reason. This highly effective antioxidant supports overall skin, bone, and joint health.
- Vitamin D3: A crucial hormone that regulates the immune system and helps the body absorb calcium. It also aids in reducing recovery times associated with cold & flu symptoms. During the winter months, vitamin D levels decrease as we’re exposed to less direct sunlight. Supplementation is often necessary to boost our vitamin D levels.
- Zinc: Helps boost resistance to allergies and viruses, hormone production, muscle strength, and fertility. Enhances overall enzyme function, especially for vegetarians.
- Detox Blend: This combination of Arginine AKG, glycine, and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) supports the body's natural defenses and helps clean up toxins to maintain healthy liver tissue, lung function, and cellular health.
- Recharge Blend: A blend of Kaneka Co-Q10, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, and Vitamin K2, all in a base of organic olive oil to facilitate absorption, this provides bone, vision, and arterial support and enhances energy production and metabolic function, helping you feel refreshed and ready to go.
3) Try to keep stress to a minimum
Stress can wreak havoc on your immune system. Don’t let the madness and excitement of the holidays throw you off course. If you have a regular routine for exercise, whether it’s going to the gym, taking a walk, or even 20 minutes of yoga, make sure you try to stick to those healthy habits through the holidays. Those are the things that keep you grounded and ready to face disruptions like travel hiccups, shopping lines, even a little seasonal family drama, with calm and ease.
4) Be Travel Ready
If you’re traveling by air or planning a road trip for the holidays, there are a few things you can do to protect yourself from germs.
- If you’re not up to date on your Covid-19 and Flu vaccines, schedule them now. Covid-19 vaccines and the Flu vaccine on average take about 2 weeks to build protection. You’ll want to prepare ahead of time so your immune system is ready for potential contact.
- Carry plenty of extra masks and follow CDC Mask Guidelines
- Immunity-prep 2 weeks before traveling
5) Stay Hydrated
Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Experts recommend 11 cups of water per day for women and 16 cups per day for men. Try to steer clear of the flavored stuff and stick to plain water- but feel free to add fruits and herbs if you need a little extra oomph to keep it interesting! Lemon, orange, cucumber, and mint are nice ways to enhance the taste without adding sugar.
Keeping germs at bay while with family and friends this season is more important than ever. You can keep yourself and your family safe by being aware of the risks and taking precautions ahead of time as well as in the moment. Good habits like hand-washing, immunity support, regular exercise, low stress, and keeping vaccines up to date all go a long way. Protect yourself and your loved ones from the risk and stay safe this season so you can enjoy what the holidays are all about!